For the upcoming documentary “Our vinyl weighs a ton” the label Stonesthrow came out this time with a poster design contest open to the public.
The 21st November, Peanut Butter Wolf will announce the winner and three runners-up. The winner will be awarded $500, have their design used as one of the film’s posters (and possibly the DVD cover) and receive a credit on the poster (and DVD, if used). The three runners-up will each be awarded a $100 credit to be used at the Stones Throw shop.
Here are the rules:
· Size: 24 x 36 inches (610 x 910 mm)
· The title: “OUR VINYL WEIGHS A TON” (must be prominent)
· The subtitle: “This Is Stones Throw Records” (must be present)
· Leave approx. 8” at the bottom of the poster for the billing block
· Must be an original design, not based on existing work of others
· Go to http://ourvinylweighsaton.tumblr.com
· Click the “Send email” badge in the top-right corner (envelope icon)
· Send your design as both a .psd and .jpg file to Jeff Broadway
· All designs will be posted on the OVWAT tumblr page where fans can comment
· All material must be original to the artist and not infringe the rights of others
· By entering the contest, the winning designers grant Stones Throw the right to use their design for a poster, DVD cover and for any other marketing and promotional purposes connected to the film for no additional compensation than that below.